I was due for my “Favorites Friday” post well over a month ago. However, because of my stressful and the crazy past few weeks, I decided to take a short hiatus from blogging to reevaluate my life. Today, I am back! It is a brand new week, which means a brand new start, and I am ready.
Today I bring you my favorites for the past couple of months:
- NYX Matte Lipgloss in the shade “San Paulo.” Target is always out of NYX matte lipglosses so when I saw this shade a few weeks ago, I had to pick it up. It’s a bit too bright for my daily style, but it’s perfect for fancier events.
- Herchel Luggage. I am a huge fan of the Herchel Supply Co and their products. I started out with their Little America Backpack in navy, which I use for school, and I now have five Herchel products that I use regularly (does this classify me as an addict?). Most recently, I have been using the duffel bag pictured above regularly for school trips and weekends away from home. I think it’s the perfect size to fit all of my necessities, and it’s also very stylish. I’d love to own more Herchel bags in the future if my wallet allows.
- Marble Electronics Case. I have had a MacBook Air for over three years now, but I have never felt the need to embellish it with skins or cases, until I saw this beauty. Needless to say, it was love at first sight. The marble case is not too bulky and looks extremely chic, but isn’t too pompous. I like the look it gives my workspace. Recently, I have also picked up this matching phone case, and I love that my two most used devices have matching “outfits,” yes, I know I’m a huge dork.
- Pigma Micron Pens. I keep a daily journal, fully equipped with writing, drawings, and keepsakes from my daily life. Therefore, I am always in the market for a hardy and reliable pen. I really like the smooth ink of the Pigma Micron pens. They are extremely handy for anything from math homework to detailed drawings.
- Hamilton the Musical. My theatre group is constantly raving about this musical. At first, I refused to fall into the “popular crowd,” but I couldn’t resist. I had heard some individual songs from the musical and I definitely enjoyed them. However, today I took on the challenge of listening to the entire musical, and I have not been disappointed.
- The Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler. I have been completely absorbed in this book for the past week. I finally finished it today, and it is definitely one of my favorites. I learned about it from this John Green video, and I am so extremely glad that I read it. It is strange novel about a dystopian United States, but it is also so very different from the other dystopian novels I have read. It covers issues about gender, morality, and religion. In short, it is a beautiful novel.
This turned out to be a much longer post than I anticipated, but I suppose that’s what I get for waiting so long to start blogging again. I promise I will be back on schedule this week!