Happy Wednesday, guys! I know I’m posting this really late, but I have been so swamped with college applications lately. As you have probably already realized, 2015 is almost over. I have never really been the type to make resolutions for the new year, but I have decided to turn over a new leaf.Why not? It’s a new year and anything is possible.
Serena’s New Year Resolutions
- Cut myself some slack. I am very very hard on myself. I am super competitive, almost to a fault, and I hate myself when I am not the best at something. This year, I was to try to be more laid back. It’s no fun being so high-strung all the time.
- Allow myself to have fun. It’s the second semester of my senior year, I deserve to enjoy it, right? I am always so caught up in homework and responsibilities that I forget to live my life. I need to start living before it’s too late.
- Journal more. My journal is my favorite outlet. It helps me calm down when I am overwhelmed, and it brings out my creative side. However, I always seem to neglect my journal. 2016 will be different.
- Learn how to use Photoshop. This one goes without saying. My photos are obviously subpar, and I need to step it up a bit. Here is an example of something I did on Photoshop the other day. I learned how to make a double-exposed photo and combined my nephew with the city of Chicago.
- Read more. I absolutely love to read, but I always say that I don’t have the time for it. This year, there will be no excuses. I will read as much as I can.
That’s all I can think of at the moment. What are your New Year resolutions?